|at ( view profile)|
|Job Function||Volunteer Coordinator|
|Address||1101 Viking Dr|
JOB TITLE: RSVP Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: The RSVP Coordinator is the Positive Maturity, Inc.’s designated staff member to manage the RSVP County Program. The program coordinator, under the supervision of the RSVP Director works cooperatively with other sponsor staff, Community Advisory Group members, volunteer station staff, and officials of the Corporation for National and Community Service to program, plan, and implement the Retired Senior Volunteer Program. The program coordinator is also responsible for public relations for the program and maintenance of program records. Works 40 hours per week.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of the RSVP Director the program coordinators’ duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative oversight of RSVP Program by ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the federal grant and applicable federal regulations.
- Working with sponsor staff and community groups to support resource development.
- Maintaining program quality by planning annual program goals and objectives that ensure that at least 50 percent of volunteers are placed in outcome-based assignments with measurable results designed to meet critical community needs while offering meaningful opportunities for the volunteers to serve their community.
- Overseeing program activities, supporting coordinators as they serve volunteers and volunteer stations, providing leadership, information, and consultation. Mediating concerns or conflicts which may arise within the program.
- Developing positive public relations and communications in the community by providing informational programs to interested groups and organizations. Preparing newsletters and media materials, serving on community boards, councils, and committees and hosting volunteer recognition events.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and skills by attending relevant workshops, training, and conferences. Reviews professional materials and literature. Participates in professional organizations.
- Working closely with RSVP Community Advisory Group, soliciting their advice and assistance on matters affecting program operation.
- Performing other program related duties as assigned and as allowable within the RSVP statute, program regulations, and other applicable policies.
Bachelor's Degree, training and/or experience in work with the over 55 population and/or volunteers is essential as are flexibility and management skills. Computer literacy and reliable transportation required. Prefer candidate that lives in and/or is familiar with Walker County.