|Address||3500 6th Avenue South|
Workforce Programs Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: The Workforce Programs Coordinator develops positive long-term relationships with industry representatives, community agencies, community colleges, k-12 systems, and other training providers. He or She supports and strengthens relationships with direct service program partners and/or donors. The Workforce Programs Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and from time to time it may be necessary for the Industry Engagement Coordinator to supervise other staff, students, interns and volunteers.
DUTIES OF THE ROLE:
- Engage employers, schools and other stakeholders to develop sustainable programs that improve the outcomes for current and future job seekers.
- Manage engagement strategies and college and career events (i.e. career/job/hiring fairs).
- Manage outreach efforts to include: Worlds of Work, Power UP and other events as designated.
- Manage relationships with workforce development agencies, community agencies and other training providers to develop programs that address job seekers needs.
- Emphasis on promoting career and technical education pathways, work-based learning models and apprenticeship programs to both industry representatives and training providers.
- Develop and manage a database of job seekers and maintain regular communication through appropriate channels.
- Provide case management services to job seekers to include developing individual training plans, job placement and appropriate follow up.
- Facilitate access to appropriate job placements for current and future job seekers.
- Collaborate with schools and other training providers to provide current and future job seekers with holistic, integrated support to assist them to engage (or re-engage) in technical education and training.
- Ensures nondiscrimination and equity in the delivery of services.
- Interacts and coordinates services with job seekers, community agencies and training providers.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Director in response to a rapidly changing environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong Experience and achievements in industry engagement, relationship management, sales, marketing or a related field. 2. Knowledge of workforce development programs, services and techniques. 3. Understanding of career and technical education, employment and transitional issues. 4. Commitment to re-engaging job seekers into the talent pipeline. 5. Highly developed interpersonal communication skills, including taking initiative, negotiating and building rapport. 6. Ability to work collaboratively in a small team and work independently on a regular basis. Strong written communication skills, including the preparation of letters, emails, website content, data reports, etc. using clear, concise and grammatically correct language. 7. Experience with case management and providing customer assessment services. 8. Must be organized and possess multitasking skills. 9. Ability to work with diverse populations. 8. Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, credibility and professionalism. 9. Proven experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and data entry.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The work is performed in an office environment. Minimal bending, stooping, kneeling or lifting involved. Position may require travel within workforce delivery area boundaries.